Christie Clinic is partnering with Walk with a Doc, an international non-profit organization whose mission is to inspire communities through movement and conversation. This program aligns with our clinic’s mission of creating a healthier community, by bringing doctors and community members together to walk. Walks are open to the community and participation is free. Sign-up below to learn about upcoming Walk with the Doc events!
Walking is one of the best things you can do for your health. Many diseases, conditions, and ailments can be prevented or even healed by participating in regular physical activity. Fortunately, even moderate-intensity aerobic activity such as walking can provide these health benefits.
Benefits of Walking
- Physical and mental benefits
- Maintaining or obtaining a healthy weight
- Decreased risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer
- Decreased blood pressure and improved cholesterol
- Prevention and management of type 2 diabetes and arthritis pain
- Lowered risk of depression and improved mood