- When hosting a party, keep the menu completely healthy (nobody will complain that someone else is cooking for them!) and alcoholic beverages as BYO (bring your own)
- When attending a party, bring a healthy platter of veggies, deviled eggs or a pitcher of water flavored with cucumbers and mint or lemon and lime
- If you don’t know what will be offered at a party, eat ahead of time. This way you won’t be quite as tempted to go off protocol
- Keep yourself busy; talk and mingle, join in yard games or entertain the kids
- When confronted with food pushers JUST SAY NO (Thank you)!!
- Don’t concern yourself with what other people may or may not be eating, take care of yourself
- If you truly feel you won’t be able to control what you put in your mouth, stay home. There is nothing wrong with putting your own needs first.
Marinade- 1lb. meat of choice, 1/4 cup IP balsamic, 1 Tbsp. lime juice,2 cloves minced garlic, 2tsp. low sodium soy sauce, pepper to taste
Broccoli and “Rice” casserole
Items needed: bag of frozen cauliflower bits/rice, bag of broccoli, chicken broth, salt & pepper
Sauté minced garlic and onions (don’t let them brown) just until they are soft then add cubed chicken breast and sauté until chicken is cooked.
Add an entire bag of frozen caulirice and an entire bag of frozen broccoli florets.
Season with salt and pepper.
Simmer in chicken broth and then let simmer until broth has cooked away
Broccoli Slaw Salad & Meat (optional)
Mix broccoli slaw with spinach (optional) and ground chicken (optional). Feel free to just use the slaw and be sure to pick out all the carrots that you can. This would also work well with cabbage.
Mix spicy brown mustard (no sugar) with Ideal Protein Italian dressing.
Another idea: add hard boiled egg for a little protein. Add Ideal Salt 1/8 teaspoon.
Potato salad is a favorite recipe for family gatherings, backyard barbecues, and everything in between. But when you’re on a low-fat low-carb diet, you’ve got to let go of potatoes! But you don’t have to give up the salad! Our “No Potato” Salad packs in the flavor you’ve come to know and love but swaps the carb-heavy potatoes for delicious and nutritious cauliflower. Give it a try and keep this favorite in your menu!
No Potato Salad
2 Cup Cauliflower, steamed & Chopped
1/4 Cup Celery, diced
1/4 Cup White onion, diced
1 Tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped
2 Egg, hard-boiled – shelled and diced
1 Dill pickle, chopped
2 Tbsp Mayonnaise, non-fat, low carb (you could omit, or use greek yogurt if in phase 4)
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 Tsp Sea salt
- Place the steamed cauliflower in a large bowl with mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and sea salt.
- Add chopped celery, diced onion, dill pickle, and hard-boiled eggs.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly until you’ve got a consistency you’re happy with. Top with fresh parsley, and transfer to a serving bowl.
- hard boiled eggs halved
- Walden Farms mayo (you can also use 1.5 tsp. of olive oil & mix well)
- Onion Salt to taste
- mustard to taste
- paprika to garnish
- dill relish optional
- Cut hard boiled eggs in half. Mix yolks with a little bit of Walden Farms Mayo.
- Add onion salt and mustard to taste! Mix and spoon back into eggs. Garnish with paprika.
Use the meat marinade on bell peppers & mushrooms for kabobs.
Salmon on the grill with a rub of IP maple syrup, garlic and ginger (serve with a phase 1 slaw or salad).
Make popsicles out of your ready made shakes (mango is refreshing & delicious).
Make a mocktail out of your fruit IP drink mix – add seltzer water or zero calorie beverage.
Savor your Restricted product & TRY A NEW JANEVA RECIPE.