OUR COMMUNITY WILL STEAL YOUR HEART!
At the crossroads of Interstates 57, 74 and 72 sits Champaign County, a micro-urban oasis that enjoys the benefits of a big city with the charm of a small town. We like to consider ourselves the heart of the state, located in East Central Illinois, centrally located between Chicago, Indianapolis and St. Louis. With the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana as the hub of the community, the greater Champaign County area offers a thriving arts and culture atmosphere combined with top-notch dining options, sporting events, museums and technology and wide open spaces.
- Champaign-Urbana named “Best Midwest Food Town”, August 2017 (Midwest Living)
- Champaign-Urbana Ranked #2 Startup City for startup and entrepreneurial activity, February 2019 (Silicon Prairie News)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign ranked #32 in the world, June 2018 (Center for World University Rankings)
- CUMTD named a Silver Bicycle Friendly Business, February 2016 (League of American Bicyclists)
- Champaign ranked #12 on “Best Places to Walk or Bike” list, May 2015 (TIME)
- Urbana ranked one of the “30 Easiest Cities to Get Around”, April 2015 (AARP)
- Champaign-Urbana ranked on “7 Unexpectedly Great American Cities For a Weekend Visit” list, April 2019 (Thrillist)
- Champaign ranked #7 Best College Town in America, September 2018 (Livability)
- Champaign ranked #1 on “2018 Top 10 Best Cities for Recent College Grads” list, June 2018 (Livability)
- Champaign ranked #7 on “Best Affordable College Towns for Recent Grads—and Everyone Else” list, May 2018 (Realtor)