March 31, 2020
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation. Christie Clinic is working with Champaign-Urbana Public Health Department and will continue to follow their guidelines for testing and treatment.
CHRISTIE CLINIC CORONAVIRUS HOTLINE: 217-366-4070 (8am-5pm, Monday-Friday)
Obstetric Patients: Visit OBGYN site for more info.
Transformations Medical Weight Loss Program patients: Information regarding appointments and food orders.
Radiance Cosmetic Center will be closed until further notice.
Christie Clinic's Department of Sleep Medicine will be closed until further notice.
Individual department specialty pages will reflect closings or service changes.
Coronavirus Visitor Policy
In order to protect the health of our communities, and as a safety precaution to prevent the risk of spreading COVID-19, we have instituted visitor restrictions in accordance with recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Patients being seen at any Christie Clinic location may be accompanied by no more than one adult support person. Additional visitors will be asked to return to their car.
Infusion and Oncology at Christie Clinic on University: Out of an abundance of caution for the health and safety of our patients and team members, we are only permitting access to the Christie Clinic Infusion Center and Christie Clinic chemotherapy suite to patients undergoing treatments.
What are the symptoms?
Since the symptoms are similar to other respiratory viral illnesses, people exposed to known cases or who recently traveled to affected areas are more at risk if they also have these symptoms:
- Dry cough
- Trouble breathing or shortness of breath
Do you think you may have Coronavirus?
Take these steps:
1. At this time, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) is recommending that if you are a healthy individual (under the age of 60 with no underlying health conditions) with only mild symptoms, please STAY HOME and allow those who are at high risk of severe illness to receive the testing and medical care they need. Call your provider if symptoms worsen or continue past three days. During this time, please follow the CDC guidelines for precautions for yourself and your family members:
https://www.cdc.gov/…/2019…/hcp/guidance-prevent-spread.html If patients have symptoms, questions or would like to inquire about testing, they are asked to call the Christie Clinic Coronavirus Hotline at 217-366-4070 (8am-5pm, Monday – Friday). Christie Clinic has a Drive Through Testing location outside the Christie Clinic on Windsor location - 1801 West Windsor Road. Patients identified through screening to need testing will be directed to this location. Patients need to call ahead before coming to the drive through testing location.
2. If you have chest pain, shortness of breath, dizziness, a severe headache or other potentially life-threatening problems, go to the nearest emergency department or call 911.
For questions, call the Champaign-Urbana Public Health Department COVID-19 HOTLINE: (217) 239-7877
Until further notice, the convenient cares at Christie Clinic on Windsor and in Mahomet will be closed. Click here for a list of open convenient care locations for illnesses un-related to COVID-19.
Reducing Your Risk
- Follow recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. You can view these guidelines online .
- Wash your hands. Stop the spread of disease-causing germs. Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your face. Keep your hands away from your eyes and nose to prevent the spread of viruses from your hands.
- When you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve, rather than your hands.
- Use social distancing.
- Keep your immune system strong. Get enough sleep, eat healthy foods, drink plenty of liquids and stay active.
Click here for the CDC COVID-19 fact sheet.
Christie Clinic is now accepting sewn masks for non-clinicians. Any sewn masks do not prevent COVID-19, but they may prevent spread of germs for people outside of patient care. Please email email@example.com to coordinate pickup.
To sew masks, please use these instructions.
Tuesday, March 24 - Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Wednesday, March 25 - Donations
Thursday, March 26 - Virtual Communication
Monday, March 30 - Updates
Tuesday, March 31 - Updates and patient resources
Wednesday, April 1 - Community Resources
Thursday, April 2 - Community Resources update
Friday, April 3 - Community Updates
Saturday, April 4 - Daily Briefing
Sunday, April 5 - Daily Briefing